Friday, November 25, 2011
We were fortunate enough to have two Thanksgiving dinners this year! Donny’s parents did not end up going out to join the rest of the family in Vegas (long story) mainly because of weather. So, we met up with them at 419 West to have a buffet style lunch. It was delicious and we were all super stuffed by the time we left – this may have been due to the chocolate fountain that they had. We came home and I tried to get some pictures of Maddie in her cute dress, also the same dress she wore last year. Unfortunately I had two uncooperative subjects. I got about 3 terrible pictures of Maddie looking away and Donny says, “ok, I think we got it.” So helpful – is it too much to ask for a smile, or at least a turn in my direction?
. . . sneeze . . . bless you.
We then tried to go out back and maybe use our “snuggies” to help us pay attention for some pictures – no such luck.
I did manage to snag this beauty in the bathroom, haha!
Later in the day we went over to Donny’s aunt and uncles house for round two. We ate ourselves silly over there too and watched some football until Maddie was so tired we had to retire home. All in all it was a great turkey day filled with great food and great family!
Friday, November 18, 2011
Here is what happens around our house at night . . . and this was even when Donny wasn’t home. We eat dinner, and usually get really messy. So, we clean up and get ready for bath. We get our bath ready and see if we have to go potty.
First, Maddie has to check to make sure everything is where is always is . . . who knows.
Then we go potty.
Then we get in the bath and get all soapy and clean. Maddie is getting good about helping to wash herself. I wash her hair and always do a “spike” and when I ask Maddie how many spikes she wants, the answer is always two!
Then we get all dried off and lotioned up. We get in our PJs and I clean up the bath. Maddie decides that since I am occupied that she will get into some mischief – nothing new! This night in particular she decided to see if Cheerios float. She took her water bottle and squirted all the water on the floor and then dumped her Cheerios in it. When I came in and saw the mess she looked up and me and said, “I clean!” and proceeded to spread the water as if cleaning the floor. A child after my own heart!
Can you see the puddle?
Oh, and by this point Maddie is soaked and we need to get on new PJs. At least my floor is clean.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
For some reason Maddie continues to get older and I figure if I neglect to actually post about it then I can deny it. Maddie is technically 19 months, which means all of her stuff I post about is actually thru 18 months. And while I say that my child is actually getting “bigger,” those of you who have actually seen her/know her know that physically that isn’t true. So, here goes . . .
According to your 18 month appt you weigh 21lbs 12oz which is the 10th percentile and are 30.5” tall which is the 40th percentile!
- you take one nap a day although some days you could use two, usually around 2 – 5ish.
- you eat eggs everyday for breakfast and more often if you could, you love fruit, veggies and almost anything we give you!
- you still have two teeth! we may need to look into baby dentures or something. The ongoing joke whenever you have a temperature or anything, its because you are teething!
- you talk all the time and you know tons of words! You know most of your body parts including your “gina!” Haha I had to put that in there for Donny. You know about fifteen animals at least and all their sounds that they make. And, you know tons of words for everything around the house – you are very much able to tell us what you want when you want it!
- you run! well, your arms move really fast and you legs moves a little faster than a walk, but you call it running anyways!
- you love school and going to the gym! You have four fave buddies at school that you love to play with and share all your snacks/lunch with. And you love going to the gym to “pay” and feed the fishies.
- you still do so well when we go out to eat or go out places. You love to color at the table/on the table, and are patient for most of long meals.
- you are good about holding my hand when we are in a parking lot or somewhere busy where you don’t want to be held . . . “I waaaalk!”
- you love to play with your baby and take her on stroller rides. You also love the baby in my belly and love to feel “her” kick and give her kisses. yes, you have decided that the baby is a girl.
- you still have just the sweetest personality ever. You are so lovey sometimes and actually come up to me and say “hug you!” Melts my heart. Everyone always comments on how good you are because you behave so well! Here’s to plenty of more months of that!
Maddie, I can’t believe how fast you are growing up! You are becoming such a big little girl! I don’t think there is much baby left in there. We love watching you grow and develop and it just seems like leaps and bounds that you are taking these strides. Before we know it you will be in your '”big girl” room that we are working on and by then you won’t be in a crib anymore – tear. As long as you keep staying little (petite) and have two teeth I will continue to think of you as my littlest girl!
Sunday, November 6, 2011
That’s how Maddie says it, not me, well, not usually. Yes, Maddie is very excited about pee-pee whether it is you or her that is doing it. She loves to come into the bathroom and get your “paper” for you and “fush it” for you too. It just so happened that she actually went pee-pee in the potty the other day – she was ecstatic. I don’t think this is going to become any kind of regular thing but it was still pretty adorable. I may have given her a cupcake as a treat for going potty – and I may have given myself two as a treat also – one for me and one for the baby I mean, I’m not that selfish or piggy.
Oh, did you want to see pictures of Maddie actually on the potty? Don’t worry I have some of those too! They’ll be in a later post.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Donny just recently got a guitar so that he can join the band at our church – just what we need, something else to make noise in our house, right? Well, guess who is obsessed, literally, with it? Yup, Mads. Every time Donny gets home she says “tar, Dada? strum?” and does a little air guitar motion on her belly – it is so cute. And, if that isn’t cute enough, she loves to stand on the case and dance/clap/sing while he plays. I guess we can keep this noise maker around a little longer. Please disregard Maddie’s stunning outfit choice – her own creation.