Sunday, March 25, 2012

A letter to Maddie

Dear Maddie,
I cannot believe it has been two years – I was thinking this time last year that one year had flown by and here we are again. You have really come into being such an adorable loving big girl and big sister. You are such a blessing to us and we continue to love you more and more each day. We are constantly blown away by the things that you say and do, like when you but your hands on my cheeks and give me a big kiss and say, “love you mama,” it melts my heart. I remember thinking once you were born, “what did we do all this time before you?” The truth is, nothing nearly as important as raising you. I can’t even remember greater times than before you were born (just getting married), and now you are two and baby Donny is here and life is even more complete.

So here is my message to you: two years ago marked the day when I was absolutely changed forever. I couldn't, and still can’t, find the adequate words to express the love I felt in my heart. I remember looking at you and crying thinking, I have waited so long to meet you and here you are happy and healthy, what a dream come true. Watching you grow has been so much fun, and seeing you become a loving big sister has been amazing. I know that you will continue to grow and amaze us everyday and just know that we love you so much, much more than saying “I love you” everyday and do justice.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...